Family Home Evening Index

Update: Did you know I'm posting weekly COME FOLLOW ME ideas and lessons for young children (ages 3-12)? The lessons are short, interactive and lots of fun. Click the link for more details. 


I started doing a weekly Family Home Evening lesson when my oldest child turned 18 months old. These lessons teach our family about Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Restored Gospel - we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The lessons in BLUE are based on principles from the nursery manual, "Behold Your Little Ones" along with supplementary ideas to teach the same principle. The lessons in PINK are from the Sunbeams Manual - which we used at group family home evening lessons at our home. These lessons are meant for toddlers and young children - they're short, interactive and sweet.


Book of Mormon (1): "The Book of Mormon Teaches me about Jesus"
Book of Mormon (2): The Story of The Book of Mormon
Book of Mormon Heroes
Creation (1): "Jesus Christ Created the World for me"
Creation (2): The Creation Story (with visuals)
Christmas: Stories of Jesus Advent Tree
Christmas: 30+ Ways to Teach Children About Christ at Christmas Time
Christmas: Christmas Kindness Chain
Christmas: The Nativity
Christmas Symbols: Scavenger Hunt - How Christmas Symbols remind us of Jesus.
Easter/Resurrection (1): DIY Resurrection Eggs
Easter/Resurrection (2): The Story of the Resurrection (with visuals)
Easter Week: Relive Each Day of Jesus' Life a Week Before His Resurrection
Example: I Will Follow Jesus' Example
Felt Bible Stories
Father's Day
General Conference
General Conference Ideas for Kids
Gratitude: I am Thankful for Day & Night
Gratitude: I am Thankful for Fish
Gratitude: I am Thankful for Food & Clothing
Gratitude: I am Thankful for My Hands
Gratitude: I am Thankful for My Home
Gratitude: I am Thankful for Trees, Plants & Flowers
Gratitude: I am Thankful for Water
Gratitude (1): "I Will be Thankful"
Gratitude (2): Gratitude Tree (Thanksgiving)
Holy Ghost: Holy Ghost Rockets!
Holy Ghost (1): "The Holy Ghost Helps Me" Object Lesson
Holy Ghost (2): Book & Coloring Page
I am a Child of God (1): "I am a Child of God"
I am a Child of God (2): Story (with visuals) & Crowns
I am a Child of God (3): "Growing Up" Slideshow & Puzzles
I Belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
I Can be Happy: "I Can be Happy" with chart
I Have a Body Like Heavenly Father's
Joseph Smith saw Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ
I Can be Kind
Love (1): "Heavenly Father & Jesus Love me"
Love (2): Jesus is our Shepherd & Sheep Craft
Love (3): "A Lamb Like Brandon" & Game
Love (4): "Jesus Christ Showed Us How to Love Others"
Love at Home (1): "I Love my Family"
Love at Home (2): "Do we Live at your House?" 
Love at Home (3): Fizzing Hearts Object Lesson
Missionaries
Mother's Day
My Family Can be Together Forever
Music & Song
Obedience: The Five Little Ghosts
Obedience: I Can Obey
Obedience: "I Will Obey"
Plan of Salvation: "Heavenly Father has a Plan for me"
Prayer (1): "I Can Pray to Heavenly Father"
Prayer (2): Prayer Train & Prayer Puppets
Prayer (3): "I Can Pray with my Family"
Priesthood
Prophets
Prophets - Past & Present
Reverence (1): "I Will be Reverent"
Reverence (2): "Why Animals Can't go to Primary"
Reverence (3): Book & Puzzle
The Sabbath Day
The Sacrament (1): "The Sacrament Helps me Think of Jesus"
The Sacrament (2): DIY Sacrament Book w/pictures of Jesus
The Scriptures


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story