The Holy Ghost (1): "The Holy Ghost Helps Me" Object Lesson

This lesson contains some ideas from the current nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones. Click the link to view the original lesson, "The Holy Ghost Helps Me" from LDS.org.



Prayer:

Song: "I Know my Father Lives" - Primary Children's Songbook page 5. After we sang the song, we reviewed the words:

I know my Father lives and loves me too (touch hand to chest)
The Spirit whispers this to me and tells me it is true (cup hand to ear)
And tells me it is true.

I told my two that another name for "The Spirit" is the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is a gift from our Heavenly Father to help us. Heavenly Father talks to us through the Holy Ghost.

Holy Ghost Object Lesson: This took a little bit of preparation, but it was really fun. I got a bunch of objects (see our list below) together that explain ways the Holy Ghost speaks to us. I put them in a box and wrapped the box prior to the lesson. My two unwrapped the "gift" and picked one object out at a time. We discussed how each object relates to the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost helps us in so many ways! I didn't take a picture of our box, so the one below is from a google search. This is what was inside our box:

  • Picture of a Dove: The Holy Ghost helps us feel peaceful and happy.
  • Mr. Potato Head Glasses: The Holy Ghost helps us see clearly to make good choices.
  • Mr. Potato Head Mouth: The Holy Ghost speaks in a small voice. 
  • A Book: The Holy Ghost teaches us things that are true.
  • Picture of the Savior: The Holy Ghost testifies of the Savior.
  • Toy Compass OR flashlight: The Holy Ghost shows us the way back to Heavenly Father.
  • Heart (we have a stuffed heart): The Holy Ghost speaks to our heart and helps us feel happy when we make a good choice.
  • Blanket: The Holy Ghost is a comforter. He helps us feel cozy and warm inside when we make a correct decision or when we are sad.



Testimony: I told my boys of a time the Holy Ghost has helped my life. It's great to include a personal experience into family home evening lessons. Then, I quickly reviewed our lesson and bore my testimony of the Holy Ghost.


For other lesson ideas, please visit:

Family Home Evening Index
Holy Ghost (2): Book & Coloring Page
Prayer (1): "I Can Pray to Heavenly Father"
Plan of Salvation: "Heavenly Father has a Plan for me"

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story