Felt Bible Stories

With the birth of a new baby, I used our "Felt Bible Book" for a few Family Home Evening lessons. It's nice having quick options available that don't take any prep time. The Felt Bible Book comes with seven stories - we did three stories one week and the remaining four stories the following week. You could do one story per week, two stories per week, etc. Split them the best way for your family.



Prayer:

Song: Choose your favorite church song. Our family favorites are "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam" and "I am a Child of God."  

Felt Bible Book: I bought and put together a Felt Bible Book a few years ago. The book has seven felt stories: Noah's Ark, Jesus' Birth, The Creation, Adam and Eve, Jonah and the Whale, David the Shepherd Boy, and Peter the Fisherman. The book comes with felt pieces "ready to cut out" and yes, that part was time consuming. By cutting them out myself, I spent only $14.95 for all seven stories (see picture below of everything that's included). My two really loved this book! He played with the felt pieces while I explained the stories. The book comes with a summary of all the stories if needed. This would be a fun Sunday or sacrament meeting activity as well.



*If you don't want to cut out felt pieces on your own, there are other options available:

1) You can currently purchase Noah's Ark (pictured below), Birth of Jesus, The Creation, Daniel and the Lion's Den, Jonah and the Whale, Noah's Ark, and The Story of Moses all pre-cut on Betty Lukens Website. You need to buy a felt board, also available on the website, if you choose this option.

2) You can currently purchase Joseph and His Coat, Lehi's Dream (pictured below), Noah's Ark, Joseph's Vision, and The Nativity at Ladidolls Website. Each set is $6.95 - $9.95 and come pre-cut. This comes with a felt background.

Testimony


For other lesson ideas, please visit:

I am a Child of God (1): "I am a Child of God"
I can be Happy: "I Can be Happy" with chart

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story