My Family Can Be Together Forever

This lesson is based on the current nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones. Click the link to view the original lesson "My Family Can Be Together Forever" from LDS.org. You can do this lesson all in one night or slit into two separate lessons. For example..the first week you could do the temple picture, video and necklace. The following week, you could show the picture of your wedding photo and visit the temple.

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: "I Love to see the Temple" (Primary Children's Songbook pg. 95) Click here to sing along. We used the actions from the manual while we sang this song:

I love to see the temple (put fingertips together to form a spire)
I'm going there someday (walk in place)
To feel the Holy Spirit (put hand over heart)
To listen and to pray (fold arms)

Picture: I showed Easton the picture of the temple from the manual and we talked about how the temple is a house of the Lord. "Show a picture of a temple in your area. Tell the children that this is a picture of a temple. Describe the picture for them, pointing out the spire, windows, doors, and so on. Ask them to repeat the word "temple" a few times. Have them pretend to be a beautiful temple by putting their hands together above their heads to make a temple spire."


Temple Video: I told Easton that there were a lot of different temples. We watched a short video on Youtube - it's a slideshow of temples around the world with the song "I love to see the Temple" playing in the background. Click here to watch the video. 


Picture: Next, I brought out one of my wedding photos at the temple. I told Easton that mom and dad were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Because we were married in the temple, it meant that we can be together forever as a family. What a huge blessing!


Coloring Activity/Necklace: I printed the picture below from the manual (we used the top two circles for this activity). Easton colored the circles and I cut them out. I punched a hole in the top and threaded yarn through the hole to make a necklace. Easton wore the necklace for a big chunk of the day! While coloring, we reinforced the principle that families can be together forever. Click here to print the necklaces. 


Temple Visit: After we made our necklaces, we packed a lunch and went to the Draper Temple. We talked about how beautiful the temple is and how grateful mom and dad are to be married in the temple, so our family can be together forever. Easton really liked Angel Moroni and was excited to be see a temple up close. We sang "I Love to see the Temple" and enjoyed our lunch on the temple grounds.

Testimony:


You may also like:

Reverence (3): Book & Puzzle
The Sabbath Day
The Sacrament (1): "The Sacrament Helps me Think of Jesus"

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story