Reverence (3): Book & Puzzle

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: "Reverently, Quietly" Children's Songbook page 26. Click here to sing along.

Picture of Jesus: I have a picture of the Savior hanging up in our Living Room. I brought it down and used it for our lesson today. I showed Easton the picture of Jesus and asked him who it was. I told Easton how much Jesus loves him and loves when Easton is reverent. This is our third week reviewing reverence, so I asked Easton to review a few things he can do at church to be reverent.


"I'm Reverent When...": One of my neighbors gave me this book and we loved reading it together for our FHE tonight. It says it's for ages 3 and up (Easton is only 28 months), but I never want to limit activities because of age (obviously when appropriate). This book has flaps to open and pull and teaches about different ways and times to show reverence. It would be a great book to rotate in our church bag.


Body Part Puzzle: I printed our Body Parts Puzzle from the Golden Seven Blog and hid the pieces (all except the shirt) around the room - Easton has always loved finding things in the room, so I do this often. I gave Easton the shirt and told him to look for the missing pieces. When he found one, we talked about how that part of the body can show reverence. (head: bow during prayers; eyes: closed during prayers, watch teacher in nursery; mouth: use quiet voice at church; arms: folded during prayers; legs: sit quietly during sacrament meeting; shoes: use quiet feet in the halls - no running.) After we finished putting the puzzle together, Easton requested to do it again.


Testimony: I reminded Easton how happy it makes Jesus and Heavenly Father when we're reverent at church. I pointed out examples of times Easton has been reverent.


You may also like:

Love at Home (1): "I Love my Family"
Reverence (1): "I Will be Reverent"
Reverence (2): "Why Animals Can't go to Primary"

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story