Letter O - Ocean: Crafts, Habitat Stickers, Ocean in a bottle, Ocean Sensory Bin

O is for Ocean: I found this idea on the Letter O Crafts list on the measured mom blog. We didn't do this activity, but I like it so much I'm going to post it anyways. I love how it includes the Letter O in the craft. Check the dollar store first, and if they don't have them, here's a link to buy Ocean Stickers.

                                     

Handprint Ocean Scene: This is also one of my favorite crafts we've done so far! I mixed glue and water together to make a watery paste. I painted the bottom of the page with the glue mixture and Easton helped me dump cornmeal onto the paper. We shook the page over the garbage can to get rid of the excess corn meal. Easton glued on all the ocean animals and their eyes and we used glitter glue (from the dollar store) for the bubbles, scales and bodies.


Ocean Habitat Page: Instead of the sticker activity mentioned above, we used our Habitat Re-Usable Sticker Book to learn about which animals live in the ocean. This  book is great for new vocabulary and fine motor practice using stickers. I love that the stickers can be used over and over!

Ocean in a Bottle: This is a classic science experiment mixing oil and water. Find the tutorial at Happy Hooligans.


Ocean Sensory Bin: This sensory bin was a lot of fun! I found sand, glass gems, rocks and sea shells all at the dollar store. I bought a similar set of Ocean Animals, specifically for this sensory bin, at our local Zoo. I so wish I would have taken a picture of ours - it looked the most like the first picture below (from the measured mom website). Click on the link for other Ocean Themed Sensory Ideas (second picture below).




Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story