Letter O: Orange Stamping, Lid Prints, Obstacle Course

Orange Stamping: I found this idea on the Letter O Crafts list on the measured mom blog. I bought some oranges, we dipped them in orange paint and we stamped them on card stock. Afterward, I like to write the Letter O on all of our crafts we do this week, as an extra reminder of the letter we're learning. I also hang all of our crafts on the fridge as a daily reminder to learn Letter O.


Lid Stamping: I also found this idea on the Letter O Crafts list on the measured mom blog. I bought a few gatorades this week and saved the lids for this activity. We kept out our orange paint from the previous activity, and I added some other colors for Easton to dip lids into. After he stamped the lid, I would always ask him, "what letter is that!?" and he would always respond with Letter O!


Obstacle Course: I set up an obstacle course with things that we already have in our house. We used our Little Tikes Slide (this is used daily at our house), hula hoops - use these to review the Letter O (from the dollar store), art table to climb under (from Ikea), bouncing horse toy, tunnel, couch cushions, ottoman, and a basketball hoop. The goal is to take the Letter O through the obstacle course and shoot it into the basketball hoop. Even though Easton doesn't fully understand the concept of time, I timed him anyway. "Wow, You did it in :53 seconds!"



Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story