Valentine's Day Booklist (updated 2020)

Each year, I like to add a book to our Valentine's Collection. I leave the books out on our coffee table a few weeks before Valentine's, so my boys (ages 1-6) can look through them and we can read them often. Reading books and snuggling up close is one of my favorite things to do with my littles. Adding a little cup of hot chocolate or a snack is always nice, too.

A list of our Favorite Family Valentine Books:
  • The Valentine Bears by Eve Bunting
  • Hedgehugs by Steve Wilson
  • Love Monster and the Last Chocolate by Rachel Bright (my six chose this one)
  • Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff (my four chose this one)
  • Where Is Love, Biscuit? by Alyssa Satin Capucilli (for my one year old)
  • Love, Z by Jessie Sima - If you're looking for a craft to go along with the book, make these cute Valentine Robots. My sister came up with these and does them every year. You wrap tin foil over blocks of floral foam and let kids decorate the robots with googly eyes, stickers, pom moms, pipe cleaners, candy, pony beads, etc. You can find all these items at the Dollar Store.
Photo Credit: Crafty Morning

A few other options that we've enjoyed in the past: 
  • Happy Love Day, Daniel Tiger!: If you're kids are into Daniel Tiger, this is a cute lift the flap book. Great for little ones. 
  • The Story of Valentine's Day: This book isn't a "favorite," but it explains the origin of Valentine's Day and why we celebrate it. I had no idea until I read this board book.

Books I'm excited to try Next Year:
  • Heart Prints by P.K. Hallinan
  • Love Monster by Rachel Bright
  • Snowy Valentine by David Peterson
  • Valentine Cat by Deborah Underwood

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story