Ocean Foil Painting


We love foil painting. Last year, my three used monster trucks to paint on foil and this year, my three and 21 month old used q-tips to paint an ocean scene. They both really enjoyed painting and using ocean stickers to complete their ocean. You can view our other Letter O Activities by clicking the link. Here's what you need:
  • Cardboard Poster Board (I bought mine from The Dollar Tree and cut it into fourths)
  • Tinfoil
  • Tape (I used packing tape, but I'm sure any kind would work)
  • Paint (we used dark blue, light blue and white tempera paint)
  • Q-tips
  • Glitter (optional)
  • Ocean Stickers (or print ocean clipart to glue on)

1) Wrap a piece of tinfoil around your piece of cardboard. Tape the tinfoil (on the back side of the cardboard) into place.

2) Squeeze paint onto the foil and have your child(ren) swirl the paint around with a q-tip. My 21-month old decided to use his hands to paint (top left), which made the paint lift and chip off a bit when the paint dried. I'm guessing the oils from his hands had something to do with that. Once finished painting, shake glitter onto the paint at this point. 


3) Once the paint is dried (we left ours out overnight), place ocean stickers onto your ocean scene.


4) Admire the finished projects! We taped ours onto a window, so we could enjoy them the entire week. I love this picture of my three admiring his ocean scene. 


Popular posts from this blog

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story