Ocean Foam Sensory Play


Last year, I made Rainbow Foam to use for a toy car wash. The bubbles were light and fluffy, but dissolved to water after playing for a little while. Although we had a lot of fun, I remember wondering what I could do differently to make more dense foam bubbles that could hold their form longer. Well, here's my answer. Introducing Ocean Foam from Two-daloo


Ingredients & Supplies:
  • 2/3 Cups Water
  • 2/3 Cups Dawn Dish Soap
  • 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch 
  • A few squirts of liquid water colors (I love that these are washable. I'm sure food coloring or kool-aid would work as well, but watch out for staining)
  • Ocean Animals, Shells or anything ocean related
1) Add water, dish soap, cornstarch and liquid water colors into a large bowl. I used my kitchen aid bowl and mixed on high for 1-2 minutes. You could also use an electric hand mixer. Pour foam into your container of choice.

2) Repeat for additional colors. For our sensory play, I made three batches of the recipe. One batch was blue, one batch was green and the last batch I left alone without any color - leaving white bubbles. 

3) Add in toy ocean animals, shells or anything ocean related to enhance the play! 


Note: The weather wasn't nice enough to go outside, so we decided to bring our ocean foam into the tub with us! The foam stuck to our animals, so I turned the tub faucet on and closed the drain for them to wash off the animals. My three LOVED the huge bubble bath this created (and that it made the tub water blue!), but it caused soap in the eyes a couple times. Next time, I'll leave the drain open to prevent this from happening.







Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story