Letter N Songs & Rhymes


At the start of this alphabet series, I made a lot of props to use while singing songs and rhymes. I have learned that my kid's (ages 3 & 1) favorite way to learn is with actions. It's actually a bonus for me too, because actions take no additional prep time for me. Below are three of our favorite Letter N Songs. We used these songs as apart of our Letter N Activities.


1) N is for Nest by Jean Warren.

  • Do actions while you sing this song.

Two little blue birds in a tree,
(hold up two fingers and place them on your other arm)
Built a nest for all to see.
(put your hands in a bowl shape in front of you)
Along came the babies.. one, two three.
(rock a baby, hold up fingers one, two three)
Now they're a happy family!
(point fingers to your mouth and smile)

2) N is for Nail from The Measured Mom. 
This is the way we pound our nails,
pound our nails, pound our nails.
This is the way we pound our nails,
So early in the morning.

Tune: Mulberry Bush


3) N is for Nose from The Measured Mom. 
  • Act this one out to the words of the song.

On my face, I have a nose.
(point to nose)
And way down here I have ten toes.
(touch toes)
I have two eyes that help me blink.
(point to eyes)
I have a head to help me think.
(place hand on head)
I have a chin and very near
(point to chin)
I have two ears so I can hear.
(touch ears)
And here are my arms to hold up high.
(hold hands in the air)
And here is my hand to wave goodbye.
(wave goodbye)

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story