Sour Cream & Green Chili Enchiladas

I love these enchiladas. I found them on Food.com. I love the flavors of the white creamy sauce, green chillies and melted monterrey jack cheese. I always make half as cheese only enchiladas (I prefer them that way) and the other half as chicken enchiladas for my husband. These are in our dinner rotation as is, but I'd like to try adding more flavor to the chicken by marinading it in this cilantro-lime marinade. I'll keep you posted. Rating: 9/10



Ingredients:
  • 10 soft flour tortillas
  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works great!)
  • 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) Grease a 9x13 pan. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan. 

3) In a sauce pan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heave over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Remove from heat.

4) Pour mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.

5) Bake for 22 minutes and then under high broil for 3 minutes to brown the cheese.

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story