Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam

Easton's favorite song is "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam". He loves to sit on our laps while we sing and throw him up in the air on the word "sunbeam". Even though we sing this song often, I realized he probably didn't know what a "sunbeam" meant, so that's what this lesson is based on.

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" (Primary Children's Songbook pg. 60) Click here to sing along.

Picture: I showed Easton a literal picture of a sunbeam (google "Sun Beam" to find a picture you like) and we talked about how warm and happy the sun makes us. We talked about how we love to play outside when the sun is shining. Next, I told Easton how Jesus wants us to be like the sun or a sunbeam. This means Jesus wants us to be good examples and make other people feel warm and happy. Let's talk about how we can be sunbeams (see activity below).


Sunbeam Activity: I cut out one circle and ten strips from yellow construction paper. I wrote Easton's name in the middle of the yellow circle (representing the sun) and wrote different ways we can be sunbeams on the yellow strips. I hid the strips around the room. We started by gluing the circle (sun) onto a piece of paper and then Easton looked around the room for the yellow strips (beams). When he found one, I read what it said and we talked about it while glueing the beam onto our sun. Below is a list of what I wrote on our beams as well as a very unprofessional picture of our finished project. ;) On Easton's request, we poked a couple of holes (a few too many!) and strung a piece of yarn through to make a necklace. I like leaving little projects like this on the fridge or somewhere where Easton will see it during the week as a reminder of our lesson.

  • Share with friends
  • Say prayers
  • Use a kind voice
  • Give loves (hugs) to grandparents
  • Keep hands to self
  • Give loves and kissed to mom, dad, and Connor
  • Listen to mom and dad
  • Go to church/nursery
  • Be nice to family and friends
  • Remember Jesus


Testimony:


You may also like:

Holy Ghost (1): "The Holy Ghost Helps Me" Object Lesson
Holy Ghost (2): Book & Coloring Page
I am a Child of God (1): "I am a Child of God"
I am a Child of God (2): Story (with visuals) & Crowns

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story