Love (2): Jesus is our Shepherd & Sheep Craft

This lesson is based on Jesus' love for us as our shepherd.

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: We love to sing Easton's favorite song, "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam" from the Children's Songbook page 60. Click here to sing along.

Picture: I showed a picture of a shepherd herding his sheep that I googled online. I told Easton how much shepherds love their sheep. They keep them safe and guide them in the right direction. If one sheep is lost, the shepherd will always go and find it. Etc.


Picture: Then I showed Easton a picture of Jesus holding a Lamb and made the connection of Easton being a lamb and Jesus being his shepherd. "Jesus loves you so much and will always watch over you. He will help keep you safe and guide you back to Heavenly Father." Etc. 


Lamy Activity: I drew a lamb with a permanent marker on the non-sticky side of contact paper. Easton loves when I hide things for him to find, so I hid cotton balls all around the room. He found them and stuck them onto our lamb (sticky side of the contact paper). We put the finished lamb on one of our windows to remind Easton of our lesson throughout the week. 


Testimony: Review lesson and bear testimony.


You may also like:

Love (3): "A Lamb Like Brandon" & Game
Love (4): "Jesus Christ Showed us how to Love Others
Love at Home (1): "I Love my Family"

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story