Mother's Day

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: "Mother Dear" Children's Songbook page 206. Click here to sing along.

"Hats off to Mom!": I printed the mom/hats printable and story I found on The Golden Seven blog. I cut a small slit in on the top of the mother's head, as a place for the hats to insert. Then, I cut out the seven hats provided and placed them in a brown, paper sack. Easton drew a hat, placed it on the mom's head (he loved this part) and we read the short summary that goes along with each hat. For instance, when Easton drew the nurse hat we read, "My mom's a nurse who fixes and patches, all of my hurts, my sores and my scratches." When Easton drew the chef hat we read, "My mother's a chef who fixes each dinner, fit for a king--a blue ribbon winner."


Slideshow/Powerpoint: I put together a small powerpoint (12 slides) of pictures of Easton and me (this was before Connor was born). It was fun to look at pictures together and talk about fun memories together. I reminded Easton how much I love him and love being his mom!


Story of the Stripling Warriors Powerpoint (optional): We didn't use this story this year, but I want to use it in the future. This story relates so well to Mother's Day - it reminds me of the huge responsibility and influence we have on our children. Mother's really are wonderful. The slideshow has 11 slides, each with a picture and short description of the story. Click the link to view The Story of The Stripling Warrior's Slideshow. You could use this slideshow and make Mother's Day Cards as an additional family home evening lesson for Mother's Day. 



Testimony:


You may also like:

I can be Happy: "I Can be Happy" with chart
Obedience (2): "I Will Obey"
Plan of Salvation: "Heavenly Father has a Plan for me"

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story