I Will Take Care of My Body

This lesson is based on the current nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones. Click the link to view the original lesson "I Will Take Care of My Body" on LDS.org.

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: Sing the words below to the tune of "Once there was a snowman" (Children's Songbook Pg. 249). The song and actions below are from the manual:

Once I was a baby, baby, baby. (pretend to rock baby in arms)
Once I was  a baby, small small, small. (gradually crouch dow)
Now I'm growing bigger, bigger, bigger. (gradually stand up)
Now I'm growing bigger, tall, tall, tall. (stretch hands above head)

Picture: I showed the picture below from the manual and pointed out how the little girl is about the same age as Easton. I commented on how many things the little girl and Easton can do with their bodies - walk, run, jump, catch a ball, swim, etc. I told Easton, "You and the little girl in the picture are growing bigger and bigger because you take care of your bodies by eating healthy foods, going to bed and sleeping, and keeping clean."


Paper Bag Activity: I printed a bunch of pictures (see below) and placed them in a brown, paper bag - some of the pictures are from the coloring page in the manual and others I googled online. Easton drew a picture from the bag and we discussed how the picture helps us take care of our bodies. These are the pictures I used: drinking lots of water, exercising, eating fruits/vegetables, taking a bath, brushing teeth, sleeping, washing hands, and combing hair. 


Coloring Page: We used our crayons and colored the image below, which relates well to the activity above. Click here to print the coloring page from the manual.


Testimony: I quickly summarized our lesson and told Easton how happy it makes Heavenly Father when we take care of our bodies. They are a special gift from Him. 


You may also like:

The Sacrament (1): "The Sacrament Helps me Think of Jesus"
The Sacrament (2): DIY Sacrament Book w/pictures of Jesus

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story