Halloween Themed Activities

Halloween Oobleck: Easton really liked this activity! I mixed 1/2 Cup Water with 1 Cup of Cornstarch (1:2 ratio). Once the water and cornstarch were mixed together, I poured the mixture onto a cookie sheet. Water and cornstarch is an interesting combination. If it's played with or rolled into a ball, it becomes a solid and if it sits, it oozes into a liquid. I dumped a few plastic Halloween objects I bought from the Dollar Store into the mixture and let Easton go to town. After playing for a while, I brought out a small bin and filled it with water. Easton liked watching the cornstarch dissolve in the water and learning if the Halloween objects sink or float. Lots of great science in this activity! Click here to see the inspiration for this idea. 


Decorate a Haunted House: I bought a "haunted house kit" from a local grocery store. We frosted and decorated our haunted house (first picture). I also really liked the idea of making a foam haunted house (second picture below).

 asdf


Halloween Shape Match: I printed the shape cards below and cut them in half. I hid the trick-or-treat bags with shape cards in our living room and laid the matching half (costume cards) on our art table. Easton looked around the room and when he found a shape card, he went over to the art table and found its match. Then, he would name the shape. Click here to download and print.

Halloween Magnets: I found our Halloween Magnets at the Dollar Store. Our fridge isn't magnetic, so we use a cookie sheet.



Halloween Window Clings: I also found these Halloween Window Clings at the Dollar Store. They are re-usable window stickers. Easton was excited to help me decorate for Halloween with these.


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story