Love (1): "Heavenly Father and Jesus Love me"

This lesson is based on the current current nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones. Click the link to view the original lesson, "Heavenly Father and Jesus Love me," on LDS.org.

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: "I feel my Savior's Love" (Children's Songbook Pg. 74-75) Click here to sing along.

Introduction: I reminded Easton how much we love him, and briefly talked about some other people who love him - grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, friends. Then, I explained that there are two others who love him more than anyone--Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. "Heavenly Father and Jesus know who you are. They know your name and They love you."

Story: I showed Easton the picture of Christ visiting the Nephite children along with short summary in the manual. I emphasized how much Jesus loves children (including Easton).

"Jesus was teaching the people (point to Jesus). He asked them to bring their little children to Him (point to the children). They sat on the ground around Him, and Jesus knelt and prayed (have the children kneel and bow their heads). He blessed each child, one by one. Jesus did this because He loves little children (have the children hug themselves)."


Bag Activity: I prepared a brown paper bag with printed pictures of people that love Easton (mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, gram, cousins, aunts/uncles, friends, Jesus & Heavenly Father). Easton loves to draw things out of paper bags, so I feel like I do this a lot. Easton would draw one picture from the bag and we would discuss how that person loves him. For instance, when he drew the picture of "mom" I told him that I made him breakfast for him that day because I love him. When he drew the picture of "Jesus and Heavenly Father" I told Easton that they always listen to his prayers because they love him. We continued this pattern for the remaining pictures.


Coloring Activity: At a first glance, I pointed to an object and had Easton tell me what it was. I would ask, "What is this?" while pointing to a flower. Easton would say, "flower" and I would tell him that Heavenly Father gave us beautiful flowers, because he loves us. As Easton colored, I emphasized how Heavenly Father gave us a beautiful world to live in with people who love him.  Click here to print the coloring page.

Testimony:


You may also like:

Love at Home (2): "Do we Live at your House?" 
Love (2): Jesus is our Shepherd & Sheep Craft
Love (3): "A Lamb Like Brandon" & Game
Love (4): "Jesus Christ Showed us how to Love Others

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story