I Have a Body Like Heavenly Father's


Prayer:

Song: "I am a Child of God" (Children's Songbook p. 2)

Scripture: Genesis 1:27 - "So, God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." I simply stated that we have bodies just like Heavenly Father.

Picture & Story: Discuss the first vision and make sure your child(ren) recognize that Heavenly Father has arms, eyes, hands, etc. just like we do. From the nursery manual: "When Joseph Smith was a boy (point to Joseph Smith in the picture), he prayed to Heavenly Father and Jesus (point to Heavenly Father and Jesus in the picture). They came and spoke to Joseph. Joseph saw that Heavenly Father has a body like we do. Heavenly Father has arms. Do you have arms? Show me your arms. Heavenly Father has hands. Do you have hands? Show me your hands. Heavenly Father has a face. Do you have a face? Touch your face. You are a real person. Heavenly Father is a real person. He created your body. You have a body like Heavenly Father's."


Activity - "Billy Boo Boo": Print the picture of Billy, bandaids and body part cards. I laminated this activity, although it isn't necessary. I place the picture of Billy on a magnetic cookie sheet and stuck magnets onto the back of our bandaids. Have your child draw a body part card and place a bandaid on Billy where you drew the card. Always relate back to the purpose of the lesson that Heavenly Father has a body, too. For instance, when my two drew a card that said "Place a band-aid on Billy's elbow," he placed a bandaid on Billy's elbow and I'd ask, "Do you think Heavenly Father has an elbow, too?" And my two would reply, "yes!" You need to create a free account (it's super easy) to download. Click the link to print this free printable.


Testimony: I reviewed our lesson and explained my gratitude for our healthy bodies. I reminded my two how our bodies look just like Heavenly Father's body. He is our spirit Father and loves us very much.



For other lesson ideas, please visit:

Love at Home (1)
Love at Home (2)

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story