Plan of Salvation: "Heavenly Father Has a Plan for me"

This lesson contains ideas from the current nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones. Click the link to view the original lesson "Heavenly Father Has a Plan For Me" on LDS. org.


Prayer:

Song: "I am a Child of God" Children's Songbook page 2.

Powerpoint - Option One: I made a short powerpoint based on the lesson manual. The first slide (pictured below) is a picture of Jesus holding child with the words "I am a Child of God. And He has sent me here." I taught my two that "Heavenly Father has a plan for us. He told us we would come to earth to live. We were so happy that we shouted for joy. We came to earth to live with a family who loves us." Each slide has pictures and words from the song "I am a Child of God." We discussed the words in detail. This is a more simple powerpoint for the littles. Click here to view this slideshow.


Powerpoint - Option Two: I'm adding this powerpoint (a year later) as my kids are growing up. I now have a three and two year old. This power point has pictures to explain the pre-mortal life and the things Heavenly Father would have us do to return to live with Him. If you're looking for what to say during each slide, please view this lesson. Click here to view this slideshow. 


Coloring Page: I like how simple this coloring page is. While the kids are coloring, explain the pictures. We lived in Heaven before we came to earth. We were born on earth and have bodies. We return to live in heaven with Heavenly Father, family and friends.


File Folder: I printed, colored and put together a file folder on the Plan of Salvation from sugardoodle.net. (I laminated and used velcro to match the pieces, although this isn't necessary). I started by giving my two the "pre-mortal life" cut out and had him find the matching "pre-mortal life" picture on the file folder. I simply explained that we lived with Heavenly Father before we came to earth. Next, I handed my two the smiley face and had him match it to the smiley face on the file folder. I told him he was born into a family that loves him very much. I continued to hand him the remaining pieces in order of the plan of salvation with a brief and simple explanation. 



Testimony: I always end FHE reinforcing principles learned and my testimony of those principles.


For other lesson ideas, please visit:

Creation (1): "Jesus Christ Created the World for me"
I am a Child of God (1): "I am a Child of God"

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story