Letter P: Pigs, Potatoes (Day 4)

The Three Little Pigs: After reading a few pig books from our Letter P Booklist, we retold the story of the Three Little Pigs with visuals. Click the title "Three Little Pigs" to find similar images. I couldn't find the site where I printed mine from. Easton wanted me to tell the story over and over again and requested to play with these again later in the week. He loved pretending to be the big bad wolf and blowing me over.


Pig Shape Craft: I found this idea on the Letter P Crafts list on the Measured Mom blog. Easton glued all the pieces down after identifying all the shapes. Click the title "Pig Shape Craft" for a tutorial.


Piggy Bank: As a fine motor skills activity, I bought a piggy bank from the dollar store. I pulled out our stash of coins, and let Easton put them into the piggy bank. 


Potato Stamping: After reading "Pigs Love Potatoes" I figured stamping potatoes would go along well with our pig theme today. I wish I had planned more in advance, because potato stamping can be a lot of fun (see first picture below). Click the title "Potato Stamping" for a tutorial. The second picture below is Easton stamping a simple potato cut in half. This would be a fun way to review shapes as well if I had shape cookie cutters.



Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story