Letter P: Parking Garage, Songs, Books, Handprint Art (Day 1)

Alphabet: To review the alphabet as a whole, we made an alphabet Parking Garage. I got this idea from The Measured Mom blog. I used two pieces of white card stock and drew lines for parking spaces. Then, I drew a letter in each of the parking spots (A-L on the first piece of paper and M-Z on the second piece). I also wrote letters on office stickers and stuck them on our collection of little toy cars. Easton matched the letter on the car to the letter on the parking space. After a short time, Easton just wanted to play with the cars, so we did. I made sure to review each letter and its sound while playing.


Letter P Songs: Easton chose four of the six songs to review/learn this week - Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater, Patty Cake, Pop goes the Weasel, and Polly. We watched the songs on Youtube and have been singing them in the car and around the house today. Click the title "Letter P Songs" to print.


Letter P Handprint Art (Peacock): I found this idea on Pinterest. Easton's cute, little handprint will never get old. Easton requested painting both hands today, so I painted Easton's both of them with Blue Tempera Paint. When the paint dried, I drew the eyes, feet and quills with a black marker. I helped Easton glue green sequins (from the Dollar Store) onto the male peacock's feathers. 



Letter P Booklist: I checked out a few books from the library recommended from The Measured Mom blog. Click the title "Letter P Booklist" to see all the recommended books on her blog. Our favorites were One Potato, Two Potato, Tacky the Penguin, Pigs Love Potatoes, Little Pea, Perfectly Percy, Piggies, If you give a Pig a Pancake and Pigsty. I also think the book selections from here (pigs)here (pirates) and here (penguins) look interesting to go along with learning Letter P this week. 

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story