Christmas Theme

Magnetic Christmas Sensory Bin: I bought a bunch of random Christmas items at the Dollar Store and used our Magnetic Kit for this sensory bin. Below is a list of all the items we used - feel free to be creative! The trick to sensory bins is to NOT bring everything out at once. We played for over an hour and had a blast! Click here to view my inspiration for the Magnetic Sensory Bin

Rice - pretend snow
Jingle Bells - large and small
Styrofoam Balls - pretend snowballs
Toothpicks - used to connect styrofoam balls to make snowmen
Christmas Themed Erasers - we played pretend with the polar bear erasers
Measuring Spoons & Cups - for pouring and scooping
Magnetic Kit - comes with magnetic wands, balls, chips, etc.
Paper Clips
Magnetic Cookie Cutters


Christmas Cookie Cutters, Beads & Play Dough: I bought Christmas Cookie Cutters on Amazon and we used them to play with play dough today. It's always fun to bring in extra accessories with play dough - we chose cookie cutters and beads today. Easton used the beads to make eyes and a "beard" on Santa, shoes on the gingerbread man, and ornaments on the Christmas tree. I love his creativity.


Christmas Slime: I have always hesitated making slime, because I thought it would be a lot of work and messy. I made it today and realized that neither of my previous thoughts were true. This slime only took 5 minutes to make and requires three ingredients - water, glue and liquid starch. Easton loved the look of the slime, but was too hesitant to really play with it. Instead, he placed jewels on top of it and watched how amazed I was playing with it. We still had a great time, but we'll save slime to do again in the future. I wish I would have been more prepared with cute Christmas objects, instead of only jewels. Click here for a tutorial to make Christmas Slime


Christmas Puzzles: These were a perfect level for Easton. I handed him a puzzle at a time (three pieces) and he matched the head, tummy and feet together to make a picture. It's possible to mix and match the pieces to make a funny puzzle - santa head, elf body and gingerbread man feet. However, I was more focused on a single matching activity. Click here to print Christmas Mix/Match Puzzles

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story