Letter Q: Letter Squish, Songs, Books, Handprint Art (Day 1)

Alphabet Letter Squish: I like to review the alphabet as a whole at the beginning of the week. Today, we did an "Alphabet Letter Squish". I stirred ONE CUP of shaving cream and 1/4 CUP of glue together. I used two spoons to make small dollops on a cookie sheet. (I didn't plan very well and only made enough dollops for A-W). Then, I carefully placed letter stickers on top of the dollops. I let it dry overnight and we did this activity in the morning. Easton really loved it! I would call out a letter, he would find it and squish it down. Once we did all the letters, I let him have some fun with shaving cream on his high chair. Click the title "Alphabet Letter Squish" for a tutorial.



Letter Q Songs: Easton loves learning new songs each week. We chose four new songs from the Measured Mom blog: Q is for Quarter, Q is for Quietly Quietly, Q is for Quiet, and Q is for Quill. Click the title "Letter Q Songs" to print the songs we chose as well as a few others. 


Letter Q Handprint Art (Queen): I found this idea on Pinterest. I painted Easton's palm a peach color for the face and his fingers yellow for the crown - we use washable tempera paint. We stamped his hand on white card stock and after it dried, I painted a few blue jewels on the crown. I love how this turned out. 


Letter Q Books: I wasn't able to find a lot of books from The Measured Mom blog at the library (the picture below is from her blog). We did find a few and enjoyed reading The Queen's Feet and The Quiltmaker's Gift. Click the title "Letter Q Books" to view the selection below. 


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story