Santa Crafts/Acitivites

Santa Ornament: We made salt dough and Easton loved playing with it! We spend over an hour rolling the dough, making shapes, using cookie cutters to stamp in the dough, etc. Once we were about done, I used a bowl to make a circle cutout in the dough. I had Easton stamp his cute handprint in the dough, baked the dough and painted a Santa face onto it (first picture). Click here for a Santa Ornament tutorial. I've also seen a similar idea as a Santa Claus Handprint (second picture).

    

Santa and his Reindeer Scene: I LOVE this idea. Easton finally let me stamp his foot green for the sleigh. We used his handprints for the reindeer and his fingerprints for Santa and Rudolph's nose. This turned out so cute, I want to frame it. I also really like Fingerprint Santa/Reindeer Scene (second picture).


   

Cottonball Santa: I've seen a lot of different versions of this craft on Pinterest. We chose to do a simple one. I'll be honest, Easton was not in the mood to glue the cotton balls down today. Sometimes, I'll try again later in the week but today I told him he could send this project to the North Pole to Santa. He was so excited about the idea, he finished in no time (see first picture). I copied this idea from a Popcorn Santa Claus Craft (second picture).

   

Santa Letter Match: I guess I missed my chance to get this free printable, so I'll most likely make one myself. I'll pull out some colored pencils, my circle hole punch and a permanent marker and be good to go. It would be nice to have an uppercase and lowercase option. Easton doesn't know any of his lowercase letters, so this would be a great introduction to lowercase letters as a matching activity for him. If you're interested in paying for the printable visit this site


Santa Counting: This printable is also from the site above and it's only free until the 20th. I better pull my printer out! I bought Unifix Cubes a while ago, and I'm excited to have another reason to use them. Click here to print the Santa Counting printable


12 Days of Christmas Kindness: This will be a fun activity to do when my boys are a little older. Trim off a strip of Santa's beard each day when your kids do a simple act of kindness: smile at as many people you can today, share something with a friend today, give as many compliments as you can today, etc. This printable is free, but you need to create a log-in account. Click here for the printable. 

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story