Christmas Trees

Coffee Filter Christmas Tree: I thought these were so neat, I wanted to do one myself. We used a large, white coffee filter, do-a-dot markers and a squirt bottle to make these (first picture). I love when the sun shines through them on the window. The original post uses washable markers - click here for a tutorial of Coffee Filter Christmas Trees (second picture).


Glitter Christmas Tree Craft: We had my niece over to play today, and we made these. They were so fun! I drew a tree on a piece of white card stock and had Livi and Easton color their trees green. Click here for a tutorial to learn how to do the rest! I like how my niece and Easton used their own creative touches to make their Christmas tree special. Livi did a stamping technique, while Easton did a painting technique (see the second picture below).  

                                       

Marbled Christmas Tree: Wow, these were so fun! Sometimes I wonder if I like these projects more than Easton. Click here for a detailed tutorial. It's basically dropping dots of food coloring into shaving cream, mixing the colors around, stamping a paper in the mixture, cleaning off the shaving cream and letting the paper dry. Easton loved mixing the colors and it was fun to watch how mixing blue and yellow together make green. 

  

Roll a Christmas Tree: We didn't do this activity, but we've done something similar in the past and it was a fun way to review numbers. Click here to print Roll a Christmas Tree.  


Christmas Tree Roll and Cover: I bought a big foam die from the Dollar Store. Easton rolled the die, counted the dots, and used Christmas colored unifex cubes to cover the matching number. Click here to print.   


Christmas Tree Letter Match: I used this activity as an introduction to lower case letters. I wrote all the lowercase numbers on round office stickers and all the uppercase letters on a Christmas tree (see below). Easton loved matching "the baby letters" to "the mommy letters". Click here for the original post. 


Christmas Tree Shapes: I printed this Christmas Tree Shapes Printable and cut out the shapes for Easton to match and glue on the tree. I had him identify the shape and color. 


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story