Love at Home (3): Fizzing Hearts Object Lesson

For other Family Home Evening lessons, search our Family Home Evening Index


Prayer:

Song: "Love One Another" (Hymn page 308) Click here to sing along. 

Picture: I showed Easton a picture of baby Jesus and explained how loving and kind Jesus was to his family. I'm sure he listened to his mom and dad, helped around the house and gave his family lots of loves. We want to be like Jesus and be nice to our family, too. We reviewed things Easton could do to show love to mom, dad and Connor (hugs, kisses, being nice to Connor, sharing toys, helping mom, etc.) I also reminded him of specific instances he showed love to us. "Remember the time you brought mom a water bottle?" I reminded Easton how happy that made mom.



Fizzing Hearts Object Lesson: Prior to the lesson, I mixed 1 cup of baking soda and 4 tablespoons of water together to make a paste. I took a handful of paste and squirted a couple drops of food coloring to color the paste. Then, I used my hands to mold heart shapes. You can use a heart shaped cookie cutter if you'd like a guide. I put the hearts in the freezer for a couple hours prior to our lesson. When the time came, I brought the hearts out of the freezer and Easton squeezed a bottle of vinegar onto the hearts. We related the lesson in this way: hearts = members of the family; vinegar = Easton's kind words or actions; Fizzing = makes others feel happy and bubbly inside. Click here for a tutorial.


Testimony:


You may also like:

I am a Child of God (1): "I am a Child of God"
Love (4): "Jesus Christ Showed us how to Love Others
Love at Home (1): "I Love my Family"
Love at Home (2): "Do we Live at your House?" 

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story