Halloween: Pumpkins

Tissue Paper Pumpkin: I saw this idea on Pinterest and knew we had to do it! Easton only put on about 10 pieces of tissue paper before he was done. I couldn't help it and had to finish the art project myself. We taped the finished project on a window and it looked really neat when the sun was out. Click here for a tutorial.



Counting with Pumpkin Seeds: I thought this was such a cute idea. We carved a pumpkin and saved some of the seeds to do this activity. For some of the bigger numbers, I gave Easton a chocolate chip to finish them. Click here to print this activity.

 A

Foam Pumpkin Decorating: I found a foam decorating kit from the Dollar Store. It came with foam pieces to decorate four pumpkins (skeleton, frankenstein, jack-o-lantern, mummy).

         

                        
                                   I drew a pumpkin on paper and we
                                    used Dot Markers along with foam pieces
                                  to decorate this paper pumpkin.
I drew a pumpkin on paper and we
used crayons along with foam
pieces to decorate this paper pumpkin.













Pumpkin Stickers: I also bought these Pumpkin Stickers from the Dollar Store. This was a simple activity. I let Easton peel the stickers off himself and stick them where he wanted.



"Pumpkin Push-ins": This activity reminds me of Mr. Potato Head. The pieces come with a short stick on the back of them. They aren't sharp, but still able to protrude through the pumpkin. I helped a lot with this activity, but Easton enjoyed doing it with me. I'm actually saving the pieces for next year. Buy a similar kit by clicking here.


Puzzle Piece Pumpkins: We actually ran out of time to do these, but I thought they looked really fun. Click here to print.


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story