Thanksgiving Theme (Day 1)

Mayflower Handprint Art Project: We attempted to make a Mayflower handprint art project. Easton wasn't feeling it today, so we bagged it for another day. Maybe we'll try again tomorrow. Update: Easton was interested the next day, so we finished our Mayflower project! (See below) We used finger paint for the ocean, along with an octopus sticker Easton randomly found and cotton balls for the clouds. Click here for a tutorial.



T is for Turkey: I printed this page as well as a couple of other similar pages from a Thanksgiving Tot Pack I found online. We used Power Magnets to fill in the circles and a magnetic cookie sheet for this activity. 


Thanksgiving Number Match: I printed these from the same Thanksgiving Tot Pack mentioned above. I helped guide Easton's finger as we counted the Thanksgiving pictures together. Then, he found the matching number to complete the puzzle. 


Native American Shape Project: I printed and cut out this idea from a different Thanksgiving Tot Pack. Click here to print the Indian Shape Person. I gave Easton one of the pieces and he identified the shape. I put a little glue on it and Easton chose where to place it. Easton wanted to try making eyes and a mouth. I like the way it turned out.


Native American/Pilgrim Pattern Cards: We worked a on ABAB patterns today. I feel like patterns haven't quite clicked for Easton yet, but we'll keep working on them until they do. Click to print these Thanksgiving Pattern Cards.


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story