Ravioli with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil Sauce

My personality type is to find a food blog that I enjoy, scroll and pin every recipe that looks delicious (and ones that I actually see myself making), and have a list of news meals to use for the next couple of months. The only problem is that EVERY single recipe looks amazing on Cooking Classy. She has the most beautiful pictures and I wanted to make every single one of them. We started with this Roasted Cauliflower Soup (oh boy, this was good!) and now onto Ravioli with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Basil Sauce. I have always loved the flavors of sun dried tomatoes, so I knew I'd love this. We used canned tomatoes (I normally hate tomatoes, but this worked for me!) instead of boiling and peeling. Rating: 10/10


Ingredients:

1 (20 oz.) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli 
1 (9 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
3/4 cup sun-dried tomato halves in oil, drained (about 13 halves)
2 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 tablespoons flour
1 3/4 cup milk (I used 1%)
1/3 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper, to taste
1-3 pinches red pepper flakes, to taste
1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped

Directions:

1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add ravioli. Boil pasta according to directions on package. Drain Pasta.

2) While the pasta boils, prepare the sauce. Place drained sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor and pulse until finely minced. In a large and deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds then add flour and cook, stirring constantly 1 1/2 minutes. While whisking, slowly add in milk and cream. Add sun-dried tomatoes and whisk to separate clumps. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I added around 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper) and add red pepper flakes. Cook sauce until thickened, bringing it to light boil, while stirring constantly, then reduce heat and add parmesan cheese and diced tomatoes. Cook until cheese has melted, stirring frequently. Thin sauce with 1/4 cup milk if desired. Add cooked ravioli to sauce and toss to evenly coat, then toss in half of the chopped basil. Serve warm topped with remaining basil.

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story