No Sew Apple Bean Bags

I took sewing lessons when I was little, but don't remember anything I learned. I can sew a button on and that's about it! I was really excited to see these darling Apple Bean Bags from Preschool Alphabet. The secret is: Hot Glue!



Step One: Lay your felt down (I found ours at the Dollar Store!) and trace around a cup to get a nice circle shape.


Step Two: Cut out all the circles (we had 16 circles), leaves (we had 8) and stems (we had 8). I cut out the stems and leaves free hand.


Step Three: Glue on a stem and leaf to one side of your apple. Make sure to do a line of glue behind the stem and leaf (not just a dot of glue), making a proper seal. I made this mistake and rice was falling out through a small opening by the stem.


Step Four: Glue on the other half of the apple (the apple on the right side goes ON TOP of the apple on the left), leaving an opening for the rice. Fill with rice.


Step Five: Glue the remainder of the apple closed. Make sure there aren't any small holes in the apple where rice could fall out. I forgot to take a picture of our finished red apple, so you get a yellow one!

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story