Turkey & Pasta Salad

This is my VERY favorite pasta salad recipe! My mom made this growing up, and I can't ever get enough of it. I don't do great with eating leftovers, however, I made this pasta salad a few weeks ago and I ate it five different times throughout the week. And it was just as good the fifth time as it was the first time. I store all the ingredients in separate baggies to use throughout the week (see picture at the bottom of the page). And, I keep the dressing in our blender in the fridge, so when we were ready to eat I could quickly re-blend the dressing (as it's oil based). This is a great meal to store and use throughout the week, although it also works to combine the ingredients all at once to use for an event. Rating: 10/10


Ingredients (dressing):

1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. dried mustard
2 Tbs. poppy seeds

Ingredients (pasta): 

1 box bowtie pasta
1/2 bag baby spinach
1 lb thick turkey, cubed (I always do less, since I'm not a huge meat lover)
1 package monterey jack cheese, cubed
1 red onion, chopped
1-2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup pinenuts, toasted


Directions:

1) For the dressing: Add all the items into a blender and mix on low until smooth.

2) Add pasta ingredients all together in a bowl and add desired amount of dressing. Mix.




Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story