Letter S - Sharks: Marbled Shark, Matching, Number Puzzle, Sizing

Marbled Shark: We made Marbled Christmas Trees last month. I loved how our trees turned out, so I thought it would be fun to add a marbled craft onto our Letter of the Week series. You'll need a cookie sheet, shaving cream, acrylic paint (we used blue, washable liquid watercolors), a straw (we used a skewer stick), a popsicle stick and a piece of white card stock (I drew a shark image on ours beforehand) for this activity. After our marbled paper was dry, I cut the shark images out and glued them onto black card stock. Click here for a tutorial.


Shaving Cream/Shark Sensory Play: Once we were finished marbling our shark, we played with the colored shaving cream. We added our play sharks, a separate bin with water, and our play kitchen toys (measuring cups/spoons, spatula, whisk, etc). I'm glad we were in the bathtub for this activity!


Shark Matching: I printed the remaining shark activities from a Shark Pack by 3 Dinosaurs. We started with a matching game. I printed two copies of shark cards and Easton matched them together.


Shark Sizing: Next, Easton put the sharks into size categories: small, medium and large. Again, I printed these from the same Shark Pack mentioned above.


Shark Number Puzzle: Finally, Easton put the numbers in order to reveal a shark picture. I printed this puzzle from the same Shark Pack listed above.


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story