Letter T: Alphabet Train, Songs, Handprint Art (turtle), Tornado in a Jar, Booklist

Alphabet Train: To review the alphabet as a whole, we put together a 10-foot Alphabet Train Puzzle. I put four or five puzzle pieces out at a time (for instance: A-E) and Easton helped me put them in the correct order. Easton loved looking at the animals on the train. After we finished putting the puzzle together, he walked over the entire train.
Alphabet: When we started doing a Letter of the Week, we started with the letters in Easton's name. He knows E, A, S, T, O, N, A, B, C and now D. To review these letters, I bought Letters and Numbers Bath Toys. I hid the letters in our living to room to begin. When he found a letter, I had him identify it. For the remainder of the week, I left the letters in the tub and Easton used them during his nightly bath. We spelled Easton's name on the wall and reviewed the other letters. He had a lot of fun!
Letter T Songs: Next, we learned four Letter T Songs, which we printed from the measured mom blog. There are six songs available and we chose four of our favorites: Teddy Bear, Turtle, Twinkle Twinkle, and Teapot. These were some of Easton's very favorite songs of the series. 


Handprint Art (turtle): I love these handprint activities! I couldn't choose which one to do, so we made a turtle and a tiger today. At the end of the series, I plan to put all of our Alphabet Handprint Art into a book. 



Letter T Booklist: I found our Letter T Booklist on the measured mom blog. I wasn't able to find a few of them at our library, but here are our favorites: Duck in the Truck; Big Truck and Little Truck; Trashy Town; Freight Train; It's a Tiger (one of our very favorites); Little Blue Truck (also one of our very favorites); and MORE.


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story