Letter K: KitchenCraft, Kitchen Pretend Play Ideas (Day 5)

1a) Kitchen Stamping Craft: Use different kitchen items to stamp on a piece of white paper. I think a whisk and spatula sound the most fun!

(picture to come)

1b) Spicy Letter K with Kitchen Spices: 
  • Draw a letter K with elmer's glue on a piece of paper
  • Let your child shake old kitchen spices onto his/her paper, making sure the K is covered
  • Shake the extra spices off into the trash, revealing a letter K
  • Praise and hang on the fridge. The one pictured below was done by my 19 mo. old

2) Make Kitchen Slime: Click the link to view the best slime recipe - from little bins for little hands. My three and 19 mo. old loved playing, stretching, cutting and blowing bubbles with the slime.


3) Kitchen Pretend Play Ideas: Although you don't need to go out and buy a play kitchen, I would highly recommend one as a birthday or Christmas present. My two has loved his KidKraft Play Kitchen we got him last summer. I found ours on KSL and the kitchen came with a bunch of pretend play items. Here's are some fun kitchen related ideas:

  • Ikea Pot & Pan Set: Our favorite way to play with these is with a box of noodles, bowls and stuffed animals. My two is the chef and prepares the noodles in his pot. He adds "water" and stirs them around. Once they're ready he scoops them into bowls for each of his stuffed animals to eat from. Afterward, he puts all the noodles back into his pot and does the same process over and over. 
  • Felt Sandwich Set: This week, I found a Sandwich Menu that goes along with this set. I marked which items I wanted in my sandwich and my two put together the sandwich for me. He used our Cash Register, so I could pay for my sandwich.


  • Pizza Set: My two loves this set. You can mix match different toppings with velcro. He especially enjoys making pizza for mom and his stuffed animals.
  • Cookie Set: Of all of our sets, this cookie set is my two's very favorite! We must have played for about two hours the first time I brought this cookie set out. You cut the cookies, cook them and can add frosting on top. Once again, my two loves making cookies for his stuffed animals.
  • Cutting Food Set: My sister has this set, and my two always LOVES playing with it at her house. He plays with it every time he's over there. It has great reviews and is a great start to cutting.
  • Ikea Vegetables and Fruits: We pretend play we're at a grocery store. I will fill a basket full of fruits/vegetables I want to buy and my two "scans" them and adds them up with our Cash Register. Afterward, he cooks the vegetables/fruits for me in his kitchen. Note: I wrote numbers on office stickers and placed them on the food. My two sees the number and pushes the matching number on the cash register.

  • Play Dough Cake: I printed the Play Dough Cake Mat and filled a muffin tin full of items to add to our cake: straws, pipe cleaners, goggly eyes, plastic letters, beads, craft sticks, buttons, toothpicks, etc. I laid out our play dough (cake) and my two went to town decorating his cake. I bought his chef hat and apron at the Dollar Store.

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story