Letter S - Starfish: Puffy Paint Starfish, Craft. Star Stamping, Moldable Sand Sensory Bin

Starfish #1 (puffy paint): We haven't painted with puffy paint yet, so I was so excited to see a Puffy Paint Starfish Tutorial on I Heart Crafty Things. Easton had a blast with this activity. It looked so much fun, I had to give it a try as well. We followed the tutorial, other than we added about twice as much shaving cream as suggested.


Starfish #2 (cheerios): I found this idea on the Letter S Crafts list on the measured mom blog. I didn't take a picture of ours, so the one below is from her blog. I placed glue dots on our starfish and Easton placed cheerios on the glue.


Star Stamping: I found this star stamping idea on Fun a Day. We stamped a star cookie cutter in yellow washable paint and Easton stamped it onto a piece of black construction paper. I love the yellow florescent stars on black paper.


Sand Sensory Bin: This Mold & Play Sand Kit from Lakeshore Learning was a huge hit! Easton played with the sand off and on for over four hours the day I brought it out. And he has continued to request it during the week. The kit comes with a bag of kinetic sand, plastic tray, castle and shape molds, sand roller, and two sculpting tools (see bottom picture below). Easton loved making sand castles, rolling the sand and playing with his monster trucks in our sand sensory bin.

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story