Letter R: Rockets (Day 3)

Name Rocket: I love the idea of making a Name Rocket. We glued on the top of the rocket first and I helped Easton put the body of the rocket in the correct order of his name. I bought Star Stickers from the Dollar Store and he stuck them on his paper. He requested a moon, so he got one!


Shape Rockets: A while ago, I bought a set of Foam Shape Magnets and we've used them for a lot of activities. We started by filling in the Letter R with our shapes. Click here to print the Alphabet Pattern Block Worksheets (see first picture below). For our shape rockets, I pulled out our magnetic cookie sheet and we made rockets. I showed Easton how to make a few and I wanted to see what he came up with on his own. We reviewed shape names and had a lot of fun.


Rocket Balloon #1: This was the highlight of our day! You need yarn, straw, a balloon and duct tape for this activity. Before letting the air out of the balloon Easton would say: 3...2...1...Blast Off! Click here for a tutorial.


Rocket Balloon #2: We didn't have enough time for these Rocket Balloons today, so we did them later in the week. We went up to our ward and let them fly in the basketball/gym area. I found these ours the Dollar Store. I forgot to take a picture, so the one below is from Amazon. 

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story