Kool-Aid Playdough


I was so excited to find an easy home-made play dough recipe from kids activity blog! There are so many things that I love about this recipe. Most home-made play dough needs to be heated on the stove, but this recipe is heated in the microwave. I love that I had all the ingredients, with the exception of Kool-Aid, already at home. My kids (ages 3, 1) loved helping me mix the dough together and we had a fun afternoon playing with our play dough!


Ingredients for Kool-Aid Playdough:

  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
  • 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
  • 2 kool-aid packets
  • 3/4 cup water
Directions for Kool-Aid Playdough:

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and stir until well mixed. Place your bowl in the microwave for one minute. Stir the edges of your bowl with a spatula and let the play dough sit for a minute to set. Scrape the dough out of the bowl and place on your working surface (I placed mine on parchment paper). Add 1-2 tablespoons of flour to the dough, and knead together until the play dough is elastic and no longer sticky. 


How We Played:

This activity was apart of our Letter K Activities for preschoolers and toddlers. We used these play dough cake mats (from Picklebums) and my boys decorated their "cakes" with beads, googly eyes, buttons, toothpicks, cut straws, popsicle sticks, cut pipe cleaner and beads. I loved the sensory learning taking place and watching the creativity take place. This took up a good hour of our afternoon!  





Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story