Letter V: Vegetable Letter Garden, Songs, Handprint Art (Vulture), Booklist

Vegetable Letter Garden: This was a fun way to review the alphabet as a whole! I had dirt (which I found at the Dollar Store) left over from our underground sensory bin last week. Click the link for a detailed tutorial from no time for flashcards. Here's what you need for this activity:
  • Plastic Container (I bought ours at Walmart)
  • Dirt 
  • Orange Pool Noodle (dollar store) - Carrot Body
  • Green Ribbon (dollar store) - Carrot Leaves
  • Permanent Marker - to write the letters 
  • Toy Garden Set



Letter V Songs: Wow, we loved all of the Letter V Songs from the measured mom blog! Easton learned about volcanoes and veterinarians today through song. He's been talking about volcanoes all day reminding me that lava is hot.


Letter V Handprint Art (Vulture): Easton learned about vultures today through craft! Handprint crafts will never get old to me, I love them. I'm saving all of his Alphabet Handprint Art to put in a book at the end of our Letter of the Week series. I'm excited to see how his handprint has grown. I found a similar idea on the Letter V Crafts List on the measured mom blog.


Letter V Hunt: Today I was reminded to let Easton explore in his own way. He has known all his capital letters for the past six months, so I know he can identify a Letter V. As I pulled out this worksheet and star stickers, I told him to put the stars on all the letter V's. Instead, he thought it would be funny to put stickers where he wanted and I let him. I still made this a learning activity and would ask him, "what letter did you put a sticker on?" This became more of an entire alphabet review :) You can print this letter hunt worksheet as well as the entire alphabet - both uppercase and/or lowercase on the measured mom blog.



Letter V Booklist: I found our Letter V Booklist on the measured mom blog. From the ones I could find at our local library, these were our favorites: The Viper; This Is the Van That Dad Cleaned; Tops and Bottoms (my favorite!); and I Want to be a Vet. We also really enjoyed: Sally goes to the Vet (Huneck) and Rah, Rah Radishes: A Vegetable Chant (Sayre).



Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story