Letter V (Day 2) - Vases: Craft, Water the Shape Flowers, Dyeing Flowers Experiment

Vase Craft: I found a very similar craft on the Letter V Crafts List from the Measured Mom blog. The vase is shaped as a Letter V to reinforce our letter this week. Easton helped me hole punch the flower color of his choice and glue on the stems and flowers. We used this flower hole punch.


Water the Flowers (Shape Review): I found a similar activity using letters on mom inspired life. I used sidewalk chalk to draw a Letter V for the vase and shapes for the flower. I would name a shape and Easton would "water" the matching shape flower. All the activities on my blog are meant as invitations for toddlers to learn and explore in their own way. After finishing this activity, Easton spent another 45-minutes outside watering rocks, grass, pine cones, dirt, etc. We had a lot of fun with our watering can today!





Dyeing Flower Experiment: I have seen this science experiment all over Pinterest and have always wanted to try it! I finally had an excuse - Letter V and Vases. We used food coloring to dye our water. Click the link for a Flower Dyeing Tutorial from Hello, Wonderful. After picture will be posted soon!


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story