Letter V (Day 4) - Volcanoes: Video, Craft, Volcano Sensory Bin

Volcano Video: I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but these were the best ones I could find: Geography Lesson: What is a Volcano? from Youtube. and Volcanoes 101 from National Geographic.


Volcano Craft: I love how this craft turned out! We used the Letter V for the initial lava coming out, and then glued on "smooshed" squares of tissue paper for the hot lava and cotton balls for the  clouds.  I found a similar Volcano Craft using crayons for the lava on Ashley Aymara.


Volcano Sensory Bin: This was the highlight of our week! We used a cookie sheet for the base. Easton and his friends help mold old play dough around a large spice jar to make our volcano. They stuck play trees around the volcano, and the fun began! I filled the jar with baking soda and each child took a turn dumping a cup filled with vinegar and red food coloring into the volcano. They loved watching the reaction. We had so many turns we ran out of supplies! Next time, I want to add dish soap to the vinegar, so the reaction is even more bubbly. This idea is from a similar Volcano Sensory Bin on the measured mom blog.

Volcano - Before Erupting


Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story