Week 2: Prayer



Morning Meeting - Tell the story of Zacharias & Elizabeth (Luke 1:5-25, 57-66). We talked about what we can learn from the story and how it relates to us - even when things seem hard, Heavenly Father helps us. Sometimes we need to wait for answers to our prayers, but they come. We talked about why we pray (gratitude, comfort, help) and I reminded my children of times their/our prayers have been answered. As we read from the scriptures, I drew stick figures on a piece of paper as a visual, with help ;)





FAMILY NIGHT:

1) Review the story of Zacharias and Elizabeth from this morning. Have the kids tell dad about the story.

2)  Prayer Train - I felt like we needed to review the order of prayer, mostly for my three year old. We talked about each train and then played the Gratitude Prayer Game...


3) Gratitude Prayer Game with M&Ms - I showed my boys this M&M Gratitude Prayer Game (create an account and download for free!) and we talked about the many things we can be grateful for and thank Heavenly Father for in our prayers. I gathered RED mini m&m's in my hand first and we talked about the people we're grateful for. We went around in a circle and after my boys named a person, I passed them a RED mini m&m. We went around the circle three times, before moving on to the next color. I LOVED hearing my boy's answers to all the things they're thankful for.


4) Practice Prayer - Next, we each took a turn saying a gratitude prayer. We started the prayer and said one person, place, animal, toy, food and something about ourselves that we're thankful for and ended our prayer. You should've seen the look on my boy's faces when I gave them a big handful of mini M&M's for saying a gratitude prayer. These pictures are classic.



Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story