Healthy Zucchini Muffins (made in a Blender!)

One of my goals for this year is to expose, expose and expose some more my children to vegetables. Even if they don't eat them, they will be sitting on their plate as an option for them to eat. If you're as late to the game as I am and your six year old doesn't really know what zucchini is, my theory is that the first exposure to a vegetable needs to be FUN and a good experience. At our house, this means get them involved, find a way to get rid of those chunks (my almost six can pick out a strawberry seed from a smoothie) and make sure it tastes good. I have to tell you.. these Feel-Good Zucchini Muffins from Pinch of Yum are exactly that. I have been craving them daily since I made them. Eight ingredients. All natural. In a blender. Kids ate them. We're all feelin' good. Yes, please.


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 olive oil
  • 1/4 cup real maple syrup
  • 2 eggs
  • 1-2 zucchinis, grated (about 2 cups total)
  • 8 medjool dates, pitted (about 3/4 cup)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • Optional: pinch of sea salt, chocolate chips (for topping)

Instructions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients in a blender until a chunky batter comes together. I always add in the oats last, for easy blending.

Pour batter into a greased or lined muffin tin. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops gently spring back when you press into them.

Sprinkle warm muffins with sea salt. Serve warm or cold.

Kids helping in the kitchen. They thought this was so cool.
Yes, I bought these cute little toothpick animals to make food (and veggie) exposure more fun this year. My four looks pretty excited about them. 

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story