Letter W: Watercolor Alphabet, Songs, Handprint Art (Whale), Window Markers, Booklist

Watercolor & Crayon Resist Alphabet: To review the alphabet as a whole this week, we used watercolors to go along with our W theme. I used a medicine lid and markers to outline 26 circles on a piece of large, white paper. Inside the circles, I wrote one letter of the alphabet with a white crayon. Easton painted the circles with water colors to reveal a letter of the alphabet. He identified each letter and reviewed a lot of colors as well. Use this activity with numbers, shapes, etc.



Letter W Songs: I found our Letter W Songs from the measured mom blog. Our favorites were: W is for Watermelon, Wheels on the Bus, and W is for Woman (There was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe). We reviewed this songs every day this week.


Handprint Art (Whale): Easton has always loved whales, so I knew he'd be excited about a whale art project! I saw a similar idea on Pinterest from mommy minutes.


Window Markers: I bought our Window Markers a while ago to use on a rainy day, and thought they'd be perfect for our Letter W week! I mostly let Easton color with them, but we did review our Letter W, shapes and some other letters along the way. I kept the markers on the counter during the week, so Easton could enjoy them all week. We had a lot of fun with these! Note: These came off from the window very easily with a wet wipe.



Letter W Booklist: I found our Letter W Booklist on the measured mom blog. From the selection I could find at our library, these were our favorites: I Went Walking, Where the Wild Things Are, Mrs. Wishy Washy, Wings on Things, The Wind Blew, and the Watermelon Seed.


Add Wheels on the Bus with Craft:

Bus Craft from I heart Crafty Things: I printed out pictures of me, my husband, Easton and Connor to use as the driver/passengers on the bus. After gluing all the pieces onto our bus, Easton chose where our family pictures belonged. Looks like dad is the driver. Easton loved this craft! Click the title "Bus Craft" to view the original tutorial.



Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story