Birthday Party: Ocean Theme

I had no idea how much I'd love planning birthday parties for my kids! Really. It's a new obsession of mine. My two year old told me he wanted an "ocean cake," and Pinterest was full of so many great ideas for an ocean themed party, I couldn't resist. For the party, we went swimming and planned all the food around the ocean. 



So, let's start with the food. I decorated the table with a blue table cloth, fishing net and sea shells I found at the Dollar Tree. Our party was in May, which was the perfect time to find these items at the Dollar Tree. The plates, napkins, cups and silverware buckets are from Walmart. I made and printed labels on Microsoft Word. I will add a link to print the labels at some point. 








Fish & Chips: Gold Fish, Sun Chips, Sweedish Fish


Flip Flop Bites: Use blue sparkle gel sugar pearls


We had hamburgers & hotdogs, but I thought chicken croissant sandwiches would be so cute as well. 


And, for the ocean cake! I made a three layer cake, each layer being a different color. You can see the inside of the cake on the last picture below. I used graham crackers for the sand, pirouette sticks for the fence around the outside of the cake and Safari TOOB ocean animals to decorate.


The white background is white fondant rolled and cut into a rectangle. I wrote the happy birthday letters with the same blue sparkle gel I used to make the flip flop bites.






And one more of all of us in front of the cake. Being a mom is the best.

Popular posts from this blog

Ocean Foil Painting

Family Home Evening Index

Family Home Evening: Baptism

Obedience (1): The Chocolate Chip Ghost Story